Sunday 3 August 2008

Getting the Herald ready to the RBRR

We (myself and Libby) used the Herald for the 10CR. During that trip it used over gallon of oil.. So for the RBRR I thought I would change the engine to 1500cc unit from a Dolomite. It came with twin SU's and seemed in good condition (checked the sump and changed the thrust bearings to reduce the free play). The Herald 1300 blow a core plug so it was time to change engines...


This it what it looked like after I had poked it with a screwdriver......
Anyway.. fitted it to the Herald this weekend. Got the old engine out and the 1500 fitted. Spent Sunday fitting all the bits (hoses, pipes, wires etc) but could not get it started ;(. Problem is the fuel pump, its a 1500 one and sealed. No taking apart and repairing all I can do is to replace it. So will order a new one tomorrow and try to get the car started.


Old engine on the way out...

No comments: